If a foreign citizen wants to establish an autonomous Chilean Corporation he must obtain a “Foreign Investor ID” (explained below). Once obtained, and if he is not in Chile, he must also grant power of attorney to a Chilean citizen so he can act in his name, towards Chilean notary or Chilean electronic registration system. If the foreign citizen is in Chile, he is able to using its passport and “Foreign Investor ID”.