National and International Orientation Visa or Residence Permit

permiso web

As a part of the new migratory legislation directed to provide a safe, coordinated and regular migration, on Wednesday, August 1st the government incorporated two new visas to the temporary visa system for foreigners that migrate to our country in order to enroll on postgraduate courses, and for foreign graduated scholars from selected universities. These two visas are called National Orientation Visa and International Orientation Visa.

A) National Orientation Visa (can be requested until July 31, 2019).

It is a temporary visa valid for 1 year, extendable for one more year. This type of visa is based on postgraduate courses taught by Chilean universities that are recognised by the state.

Requirements and conditions

  1. It is granted to graduated foreigners who, during the last two years prior to applying for a visa, have obtained a master’s or doctorate degree from an recognized Chilean university.
  2. The applicant must prove that he has completed and approved the master’s or doctoral program through a certificate issued by the respective university.
  3. You must not have a criminal record in Chile or in the country of origin.
  4. It can be requested in Chile before the Department of Immigration and Migration.

B) International Orientation Visa (can be requested until July 31, 2019)

As with the previous visa, the validity of this visa (also temporary) is one year renewable for the same term. In this case, the focus is determined by postgraduate education that foreigners with high qualifications have obtained in foreign institutions.

Requirements and conditions

  1. It is granted to those qualified professional foreigners who have a postgraduate degree from some of the 150 best foreign academic institutions by OECD.
  2. The applicant must prove their professional status and academic level by attaching the respective apostilled certificate.
  3. You must present a criminal record certificate from the country of origin or residence.
  4. The visa application is submitted to the Chilean consular authority abroad that corresponds to the country of origin or residence of the interested party through the Electronic Consular Information System
  5. The visa will be granted by the Chilean consular authority that corresponds to the country of origin or residence.

Future news, legislative or administrative, will be informed by Vivir en Chile work team.

Share this article


Learn about our services for both COMPANIES and FOREIGNERS.

Do you have any specific questions? Free consultation with our lawyers here.

Sign up for our newsletter

Leave A Comment